Members of the Association of Consulting Actuaries (ACA) are all professionally qualified actuaries working in the consulting sector who advise individuals and corporate clients on a wide range of issues. All actuarial advice given by Members is subject to the Actuarial profession's code of conduct.
As well as the design of pension schemes, consulting actuaries in many firms are now involved in investment, takeovers and mergers, benefits communication, international employee benefit, life or general insurance, healthcare, corporate finance and risk issues, damages, reversions and advice on financial settlements on divorce.
The consulting sector of the actuarial profession has experienced rapid growth in recent years, reflecting a wider recognition of the skills and expertise available. The Association is now the largest national grouping of consulting actuaries in the World with 1750 Members drawn from over 75 firms.
The Association's Mission Statement
To provide leadership on issues having a bearing on the actuarial consulting sector and to influence decisions made by the Government, regulators and other bodies within and outside the UK. This is achieved by:
- promoting the importance of the work done and services provided by consulting actuaries.
- providing leadership and guidance to the sector on issues which may affect its public image and reputation.
- researching and analysing policy and making representations to decision makers and other opinion-formers to secure improvement in the legal and regulatory framework in areas where consulting actuaries are qualified to speak.
- facilitating the exchange of information and deliberations between ACA Members on matters which concern them and other organisations that work in the same fields as the ACA and its Members..
- working in liaison with the Actuarial Profession to develop the role and enhance the standing of the consulting actuary.
The Association contact details are:
Association of Consulting Actuaries
First Floor, 45 King William Street, London EC4R 9AN
T: 020 3102 6761
16th March, 2015